Complex Challenges with Electronics Recycling
Electronics not only contain valuable commodities, they also contain several hazardous materials, such as chromium, lead and mercury. These materials could pose threats to human health and the environment if improperly handled, but responsible recycling of electronics eliminates these risks. Responsible electronics reuse and recycling provides other important environmental and social benefits:
- Reusing and recycling electronics conserve natural resources by reducing the need to extract and process raw materials to manufacture new products.
- Reusing and refurbishing electronics make technology available to those who otherwise might not have access to it.
Our approach to the reuse and recycling of electronics has as its foundation a commitment to protect our customers, our employees and the environment.
To honor this commitment while delivering the most efficient and effective reuse and recycling services possible, Sims Recycling Solutions operates in accordance with these standards:
- We guarantee full accountability.
- We perform clearly defined and documented closed-loop processes.
- We conduct regular, on-site audits of downstream vendors.
- We ensure compliant handling of hazardous materials.
These assurances are necessary because compared to recycling aluminum cans or plastic bottles, processing electronics presents a much more difficult recycling challenge. That is because electronics are highly engineered products, made up of dozens of materials, including steel, plastic, copper, aluminum and batteries.
Our facilities take these complex devices and efficiently dismantle, shred and separate them to produce pure streams of raw materials that can be used to create new products, all while ensuring the safe and proper handling of potential hazards and toxic substances.
Call us at 800.270.8220 to receive a quote.
Visit our Locations Page
to locate and connect with the Sims Recycling Solutions facility nearest you.